VVG IndieNation!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VVG IndieNation!

Come gather with fellow lovers of Indie Games and talk about what you like to play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Movies Based on Comic Books

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Deeke
Admin
Mr. Deeke

New Movies Based on Comic Books Empty
PostSubject: New Movies Based on Comic Books   New Movies Based on Comic Books I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:37 am

Upcoming Comics Movies

We all know that comic book heroes are now getting their own spot on the silver screen; Iron Man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four to just name a few.

The movie industry also focuses on movie adaptations of video games, such as the Resident Evil anthology, the awful Street Fighter movies, DOOM, Max Payne, etc--the list goes on and on.

There are many new movies planned for release based from our favorite superheroes such as The Green Lantern, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and the re-make of Conan: The Barbarian.

The Green Lantern Summer 2011

New Movies Based on Comic Books Green+lantern+movie

I'm a fan of the Green Lantern and have always wanted a movie to be made based on the hero; finally fanboys and geeks have their wish as Ryan Reynolds is slated to play Hal Jordan aka The Green Lantern.

The film looks awesome despite Brainiac (played by Hugo Weaving aka Agent Smith from the Matrix series) looking insanely bizarre after his transformation--I couldn't find a pic but it's in the trailer below.

New Movies Based on Comic Books Green-lantern-movie-poster

Thor Summer 2011

New Movies Based on Comic Books Thor_poster

Everyone that's a fan of Marvel knows of the Avengers and the God of Thunder himself, Thor. I'm actually surprised there wasn't a film adaptation of this fan-favorite comic hero made up until now. The story is awesome, and we actually get to see Anthony Hopkins (aka Hannibal Lecter) as Zeus--how awesome is that?

New Movies Based on Comic Books Thor-2011-Image

I think that this movie will be great and like most comic movies it might not stay true to the actual story arc of the comic books but will nonetheless provide an entertaining experience with stunning special effects and overall great video quality.

This movie looks amazing, and the trailer has incredible special effects that allow for an entirely enhanced envisioning of the story behind Thor; everything about Asgard is just truly awesome looking and is a visual feat that fans will enjoy. I can't wait to see this movie--it looks like it'll satiate what fans have been clamoring for in the Marvel movie universe.

Captain America: The First Avenger
Summer 2011

New Movies Based on Comic Books First-avenger-captain-america-poster

I'm pretty sure everyone loves Captain America--even if you don't, you know who he is. Captain America is an all-American icon like baseball, and his shield is instantly recognizable throughout the US of A. This movie takes us back before Cpt. America was the hero, and shows the entire story behind his rise as the first Avenger.

New Movies Based on Comic Books RedSkullCaptainAmericaMovie2011PosterByEditNinja
Also we get to see Red Skull--yes that's right, Red Skull! So awesome, I can't wait to check it out on the big screen.

New Movies Based on Comic Books Captain_america_movie_shield

Conan: The Barbarian Fall 2011

New Movies Based on Comic Books Conan-the-barbarian-movie-poster-550x814

This movie looks awesome, too--but we don't get to see any real footage from the trailer. I scoured Youtube and couldn't really find anything other than the teaser trailer, so evidently things are under wraps. I was dubious at first at Jason Momoa's casting as Conan, as I'll always imagine Ahh-nold as both the Terminator and Conan.

New Movies Based on Comic Books Arnold-schwarzenegger-as-conan

Now that's Conan! Everyone knows Arnold as the noble and extremely bad-ass barbarian that has taken on whole armies and killed countless foes. We'll see how the new movie fares in August, and it's going to be in 3D which I could care less about--just another gimmick to get patrons to shell out extra dough.

All in all, I'd say that each of these movies have their own appeal--but really as a fan who's grown up with comics, these characters take a life of their own and it's great to finally see them on the silver screen. I hope that they don't butcher any of these comic book series--some of which are venerated and coveted by fans, just check out Comic Con if you don't believe me!
Back to top Go down
http://xbl-indieverse.blogspot.com/

New Movies Based on Comic Books
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VVG IndieNation! :: The IndieNation Forum! :: Movies!!!!-
Jump to: